Smoothie bowls are my absolute favourite way to start my day. I have a massive sweet tooth so fruits are a great way to satiate my taste buds. The ingredients for smoothie bowls or nice-cream bowls are pretty much easy to obtain and you probably already have at home. The base of my smoothie bowls are bananas!! For the entire first month that i became Vegan, I ate banana nice-cream every single day for breakfast. Till today, its still my number 1 fav. However, instead of just using bananas, I added ‘sugar, spice and everything nice’ into it 😛 I like to add chopped dates, coconut nectar and sometimes a little coconut cream.
For this particular matcha smoothie bowl, I simply added matcha powder and VOILA!
Matcha has been hailed as the holy grail for its weight-loss benefits, high antioxidants and calming effect it has on the nerves. Not to mention it aids in detoxification. For more information about Matcha and its benefits, please click here.
Matcha Madness Smoothie Bowl:
- 1 slightly heaped tsp Pure Matcha powder (you can’t use instant green tea)
- 1 1/2 Frozen Bananas (it has to be frozen)
- 2-3 Chopped dates
- 2 tbsp coconut milk/cream (optional but it provides a wonderful coconut flavour)
- 1 tsp coconut nectar (optional)
Combine all those in a blender and then assemble!!
- Strawberries (which i didn’t have at that point of time)
- Goji Berries
- More bananas
- Chia seeds (great source of Omega-3 fats and fibre)
- a little bit of coconut sugar
- Flaked Coconut
- Pumpkin seeds
- Cacao Nibs (occasionally)
*please do not go out of your way to purchase extra toppings or ingredients. These toppings are my personal preferences*
Also another highly requested recipe is my Vegan Matcha Ice Cream!
This recipe is a Tess Begg inspired one. We have something in common and that is our love for Matcha. This recipe is super easy and simple and you will be able to enjoy it within 7 hours of freezing it. What better way to chill than with Ice cream. An almost guilt-free ice cream! Please do not consume it all at once because its sugar after all. Remember to share it with your friends and family too 🙂 You’ll be surprised it’s Vegan.
Vegan Matcha Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 packets of 400ml Coconut cream
- 3/4 Cups coconut sugar
- 1/4 coconut nectar/ sweetener of your choice
- 1-2 tbsp Pure Matcha powder (don’t use instant green tea)
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips/Crushed Oreo/Cacao Nibs
- Whisk the Coconut cream first using an electric mixer until thick and creamy.
- Add in sweetener and matcha powder and whisk again.
- Followed by coconut sugar.
- Feel free to add a little almond milk/plant milk if you think its too thick (please do not over add tho).
- Add in the chocolate chips into the mixture and use a spoon to incorporate it in.
- Line a baking container with baking paper.
- Pour in your batter and let it freeze in the freezer for 7 hours or overnight.
I’d like to hear how yours turned out 🙂 Please leave a comment below and check out my new Vegucation page. Oh and Hey there my lovely viewers from Japan/Aussie/UK/Sweden 🙂